We have a ten-day grace period on all quarters. Payment must be received in office (no postmark) by the 10th of the month due.
Make Checks Payable to: Township of Clinton Tax Collector
Mailing Address: 1225 Route 31 South, Suite 411, Lebanon, NJ 08833
Office Location: 2nd Floor
|County Open Space||0.033||0.033||0.032|
|Local School District||1.257||1.226||1.192|
|Municipal Open Space||0.020||0.020||0.020|
Questions regarding expenditures of school, county or municipal taxes should be addressed to the following:
- County Board of Freeholders: (908) 788-1102 (Includes County Taxes, Country Library & County Open Space) District School Board: (908) 735-4145 (Includes Spruce Run, Patrick McGaheran and Round Valley)
- Regional School Board: (908) 735-5191 (North Hunterdon High School)
- Municipal Taxes: (908) 735-8800 (Finance Department, includes Municipal Taxes and Open Space)
Taxes are Due: February 1st (1st Quarter), May 1st (2nd Quarter), August 1st (3rd Quarter), November 1st (4th Quarter)
Grace Period: 10 days (to the 10th of the due month)
Interest Rate: 8% on the first $1500.00 and 18% on all delinquencies thereafter. 6% Year End Penalty on all balances (including interest) over $10,000.00 as of 12/31.
Billing: Taxes are billed once a year after all budgets are approved, generally the end of June. Added assessment bills are sent in October. Added assessment bills are for improvements made after October 1 of the pretax year and before September 30 of the current year.
Clinton Township Sewerage Authority, Melissa Paulus, Clerk 735-5026
- Sewers payments to: 79 Beaver Avenue, Suite 5, Clinton, NJ 08809
New Jersey's Property Tax Relief Hotlines:
- Property Tax Reimbursement
- Form PTR-1 (or PTR-2 if reimbursement was received the previous year)
- ANCHOR (replaces Homestead Rebate) - online filing available. Temporary number activated for taxpayers who wish to file by phone: 877-829-2866.
- For further information on these and any other tax relief programs click here.
You may address any questions regarding these programs in writing to:
New Jersey Division of Taxation
Taxpayer Services Branch
PO Box 900
Trenton, NJ 08695-0900
**The Municipal Tax Office does not have any of the above-mentioned State forms.