Among many diverse duties, the major responsibility of the Department of Public Works is the maintenance of all Township roads and parks. The Department also conducts the annual leaf collection program during the autumn months, which is one of the Department’s major activities, collecting 1500 cubic yards of leaves over a span of 2 months. During the winter months, they plow all municipal roads using about 750 tons of rock salt and 1500 tons snow grits, plus 3500 gallons of calcium chloride for snow and ice control activities.
Routine road patching consumes about 1200 tons of asphalt in a typical year.
The Department also performs most of the maintenance required on all municipal vehicles.
- If there is a large pothole on a Township road, you may report it by contacting Public Works.
- If there is a large pothole on a State road, please contact the New Jersey Department of Transportation at (732) 308-4086 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm) or (609) 538-6093 during non-business hours and on the weekends.
Important Details & Phone Numbers Where Applicable:
- All Street Signs & most Road Signs are handled by the Clinton Township Public Works. To report a missing or damaged sign please call (908) 735-8800 x230.
- All public water in Clinton Township is handled by the Town of Clinton Water Co. Please call (908) 735-8616 if you have any questions or concerns.
- All public sewerage in Clinton Township is handled by the Clinton Township Sewerage Authority. Please call (908) 735-5026 if you have any questions or concerns.
Christmas tree pickup is not a service provided by the Township. Residents can contact the Hunterdon County Haulers for this service if needed.
For Leaf Collection information click here.